A one-day training course for those aspiring to be effective and successful freelancers and consultants
Join this practical and inspiring training workshop designed to kick-start and sustain a flourishing freelance or consultancy business. The day is jam-packed with proven approaches, ideas and tools to get started, market yourself, find work, win work, manage your finances, handle client relationships and look after your health and wellbeing.
Who it’s for
Anyone thinking about, or in the early stages of, freelancing with arts and heritage organisations across any art form or specialist area.
- Invest just one day to fast-track your business development and gain long-lasting benefits
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of what it’s like to work as a freelancer in the cultural sector
- Discover proven and best practice approaches, practical tips, tools and frameworks to help you strategically develop and grow your business
- Dedicate time out to reflect on what you want to achieve and create a realistic action plan
- Develop your confidence to take the plunge or become a more proactive freelancer
- Build a network of new freelance contacts working with a range of arts and heritage organisations
- Learn from two experienced and passionate trainers, themselves successful and award-winning freelance consultants in the cultural sector
- Receive a pack of handouts and further information resources to take home.
How to book
Visit our dedicated bookings page for more information about course content and to reserve your place. Early bird rate: £200 including lunch, morning and afternoon refreshments. Standard rate of £250 will apply to all bookings after Friday 14 September 2018. No VAT payable.
About Museum Freelance
Museum Freelance is a volunteer-run network set up to support and champion freelancers and consultants working with museums, galleries, archives, libraries, and heritage sites. The Network organises an annual conference for freelancers, monthly Twitter chats via @museumfreelance, regional meet-ups and has a LinkedIn Group and e-newsletter.
About the trainers
Marge and Christina co-run the Museum Freelance Network and are experienced trainers and award-winning freelancers who work in the cultural sector. They have also worked client-side commissioning freelancers, consultants and agencies.